Student nurse, 26, died after consuming toxic substance bought on dark web

  • Bookmark
  • Never miss any of the fun stuff. Get the biggest stories and wackiest takes from the Daily Star, including our special WTF Wednesday email

    Thank you for subscribing!

    Never miss any of the fun stuff. Get the biggest stories and wackiest takes from the Daily Star, including our special WTF Wednesday email

    We have more newsletters

    A student nurse died in a Premier Inn after consuming a toxic substance purchased on the dark web via a link sent by a man based in Croatia.

    Mental health nurse Bronwen Morgan, 26, died after inhaling a substance she bought online with Pontypridd Coroners' Court now ruling on her death.

    Bronwen was heard to have suffered from ill mental health for two years before her death in August 2020. A statement from Haydn Morgan, Bronwen's father, say her health had deteriorated from January 2018.

    READ MORE: Brit policewoman, 23, 'raped at knifepoint at base of the Eiffel Tower'

    For the latest news and updates from courts across the country, click here.

    Incidents of overdose attempts and physical self-harm were confirmed by Mr Morgan, whose statement on Bronwen's final few months alive was read at the inquest, WalesOnline reported. Ms Morgan had been found a month before her death after attempting to hang herself.

    The incident, recalled by police officer Christopher McNally, confirmed the 26-year-old had been taken to University Hospital of Wales, and was later transferred to Llandough Hospital. PC McNally says Bronwen suffered from visual and auditory hallucinations at the time.

    Her family feared she would continue to self harm when she moved home during March 2020 at the start of the pandemic. Mr Morgan says he would sleep on the floor of his daughter's room to make sure she was okay, though the mental health nurse would leave through the window.

    On the day of her death, Miss Morgan had told her parents she was heading to a GP appointment and would then be picked up by her friend Olivia Childs and would be staying there. Mr Morgan rang Miss Childs, who said their plans had changed.

    Bronwen was later found through the Find My iPhone app on her Apple phone, which took the family to a Premier Inn in Pentwyn. Police were called at 6.30pm, around half an hour after Miss Morgan had checked into the hotel.

    Paramedics and police, including Pc McNally, broke into the room and too her to University Hospital of Wales. Bronwen was declared dead at 7.45pm, with a handwritten note found at the scene regarding her dissatisfaction at her mental health treatment.

    Dr Emma Morgan said: "It was clear the risk of accidental death through self-harm was very high. We were aware of that as a team looking after Bronwen. The assumption is that taking someone into hospital minimises the risk of someone taking their own life."

    A toxicity has since shown the cause of death was from inhaling sodium nitrate.

    Following Miss Morgan’s death, her sister Tesni Morgan gained access to her laptop where she came across a website about suicide which Bronwen Morgan had an account for

    She discovered that her sister had been conversing with a man from Croatia who had sent her a link to obtain a substance online.

    The inquest continues.

    For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

    • Courts
    • Family
    • Drugs

    Source: Read Full Article