Convicted Russian murderer Ivan Rossomakhin has allegedly killed again after having managed to get a full pardon through the Wagner Group’s recruitment program for prisoners willing to fight in Ukraine. The 28-year-old murderer is reported to have committed the latest murder in his home village of Novy Buryets in the Kirov region of Russia, less than three years after being sentenced to 14 years in a maximum security prison.
According to Russian independent media outlet, MediaZona Rossomakhin took advantage of the Wagner deal which allowed inmates to fight in Ukraine for six months in exchange for their freedom.
Sources cited by Baza say Rossomakhin had been back in his village for only eight days when a local resident found their mother’s body, which had been badly beaten and stabbed.
He is currently in police custody and has reportedly confessed to the crime.
Days before the murder, Rossomakhin had caused concern among residents when he was seen drunk and brandishing a pitchfork and ax, threatening to kill people.”
In 2019, Rossomakhin committed his first murder, during which he was under the influence of alcohol and killed a woman who was attempting to remove him from her property. He was convicted of assaulting her and then strangling her to death.
According to local Russian media reports, before the most recent murder, residents had requested a meeting with police and officials to discuss Rossomakhin’s behaviour, but police assured them that he would be returning to the Wagner program soon.
Police chief Vadim Varankin told a local TV outlet: “It was expected that he would behave oddly, because this person is extremely erratic, problematic. It was to be expected.”
Rossomakhin was reportedly on a break from the war and was due to leave for Wagner in May, but he had agreed to leave ahead of schedule and was to be put on a train on Tuesday.
Ukraine: Troops try to remove a beaver from trench
Putin dealt bitter blow as Russian leader loses support from China [LATEST]
Theatre audience distressed as Russian actor slashes wrists in protest [LATEST]
Putin and Wagner thugs lose ‘substantial manpower in Bakhmut fight’ [LATEST]
However, Rossomakhin reportedly managed to stay in the village, and the body of the elderly woman he is now accused of killing was found just a day later.
Varankin added: “On Tuesday, we’ll put him on the train with all his belongings, so that he gets out of here, so that I don’t see him here anymore.
“You can expect anything from this scumbag.”
It comes as the White House on Thursday said it has new evidence that Russia is looking again to North Korea for weapons to fuel the war in Ukraine, this time in a deal that would provide Pyongyang with needed food and other commodities in return.
It’s the latest accusation that Russia, desperate for weaponry and restricted by sanctions and export controls, is turning to “rogue” nations to help it continue to prosecute the 13-month-old war.
White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said: “As part of this proposed deal, Russia would receive over two dozen kinds of weapons and munitions from Pyongyang,
“We also understand that Russia is seeking to send a delegation to North Korea and that Russia is offering North Korea food in exchange for munitions.”
The administration has previously declassified intelligence to present evidence that Iran sold hundreds of attack drones to Russia over the summer and that the Wagner Group, a private Russian military company, has taken delivery of arms from North Korea to help bolster its forces as they fight side-by-side with Russian troops in Ukraine.
Source: Read Full Article