Kim Jong-un’s daughter ‘distraction’ from DPRK’s ‘rapidly advancing nukes’

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un may be using the public introduction of his daughter as a cover for his ‘rapidly advancing nuclear plans’ an expert has chillingly claimed.

Soo Kim, a contributor at the Australia-based think tank the Lowy Institute, said images released by the Korean Central News Agency last month of the two holding hands could be a cover for ongoing ballistic missile tests.

The image of the leader with a younger female was later determined to be his daughter Ju-ae, whose age remains a mystery.

READ MORE:Qatar plot bid for Olympic Games after 'success' of World Cup – but it'd be winter again

The images come amid the launches of multiple ballistic missile tests, sparking fears over the heightening nuclear ambitions of the isolated country.

Laying out her theory, Soo Kim wrote: "With the spotlight having long been fixed on the nuclear issue, Ju-ae's public debut seems as though it could be an impeccably timed distraction to keep the international community from focusing on seeking an enduring solution to Pyongyang's rapidly advancing weapons systems—for Pyongyang's ICBM (Intercontinental ballistic missile) test was overshadowed by the 10-year-old's public debut".

She continued: “If anything, these public appearances create greater opacity around the Kim regime's succession plans, all while leaving the enduring challenge of North Korea's nuclear weapons largely unaddressed."

She felt that, due to Kim’s track record for grand gestures, the timing of his daughter being shown to the world was anything but an accident.

  • Harry and Meghan are 'social media royals' after meeting 'like Love Islanders'

Ju-ae first publically stepped out on November 18 during one of the missile launches discussed by Soo Kim.

The autocrat is believed to have two further children beyond Ju-ae, but her appearance this autumn is, according to Soo Kim, likely to be a show to the people of North Korea that his daughter is very much a part of the plans for succession being laid.

North Korea’s missile tests continue despite the warnings and requests from many nations around the world, including the USA.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here

READ NEXT:

  • Netflix slammed after expert debunks Harry and Meghan 'fake' press intrusion pic

  • Meghan and Harry have blown privacy 'out of the water' with upcoming Netflix doc

  • Meghan and Harry 'fear losing influence' and 'can't stay out of limelight', says expert

  • Princess Diana's ex-butler Paul Burrell demands Harry and Meghan be stripped of titles

  • Kate Middleton to lead royal 'united front' at service as Harry and Meghan's Netflix finale airs

Source: Read Full Article