Harry claims royals said ‘this won’t last’ when he announced Meghan relationship

Prince Harry said the royals didn't believe his relationship with Meghan Markle would last because she's an actress.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released the first half of their tell-all Netflix documentary today (December 8), in which the pair told their love story and described the stumbling blocks they came across along the way.

"I remember my family first meeting her and being incredibly impressed," Harry recalled of the early days of their relationship.

READ MORE: Harry and Meghan 'have lost all credibility' with 'vindictive' Netflix doc, warns expert

"Some of them didn't quite know what to do with themselves.

"I think they were […] surprised. They were surprised that a ginger could land such a beautiful woman, such an intelligent woman.

"But the fact that I was dating an American actress was probably what clouded their judgment more than anything else in the beginning.

'"Oh, she's an American actress, this won't last,'" he mocked.

Meghan added: "The actress thing was the biggest problem, funny enough.

"There was a big idea of what that looks like from the UK standpoint. Hollywood and… it was just very easy for them to typecast that."

  • Harry goes against William's order to air 'forbidden' Diana clip in new doc, says expert

This is one of a series of claims made in the first three episodes of the six-part series, simply titled Harry and Meghan.

The series is the latest in a swathe of tell-all books, podcasts, and interviews, including one done over the summer by Meghan for glossy US magazine The Cut, in which the couple detail why they chose to step down as working royals and move to the US at the start of 2020.

In this latest release, however, the pair took the opportunity to reveal how they met and fell in love – with fans describing their Instagram romance as Love Island-worthy.

"I was scrolling through my feed and one of my friends and someone who was a friend had this video of the two of them, like a Snapchat," Harry recalled.

"I was like 'who is that?'"

Meanwhile, Meghan was told "Prince Haz" wanted to meet her – and reportedly didn't know who he was.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to shed more light on their historic split from the Firm when the next three episodes of the docuseries are released next Thursday (December 15).

So far Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on the series, which reportedly had senior royals on high alert, although there has been speculation that King Charles and Prince William may be preparing to comment on any claims they disagree with when the full series is released next week.

A source said: "If there are parts which are blatantly wrong, then it is only right that they are corrected.

"The trailers already have some glaring errors and misrepresentations, which doesn't bode well for the full series. But the plan is to keep schtum and carry on."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

READ NEXT:

  • Netflix slammed after expert debunks Harry and Meghan 'fake' press intrusion pic

  • Meghan and Harry have blown privacy 'out of the water' with upcoming Netflix doc

  • Meghan and Harry 'fear losing influence' and 'can't stay out of limelight', says expert

  • Princess Diana's ex-butler Paul Burrell demands Harry and Meghan be stripped of titles

  • Kate Middleton to lead royal 'united front' at service as Harry and Meghan's Netflix finale airs

Source: Read Full Article