Family feud erupts in Asda car park with ‘ear biting attack’

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A violent man sunk his teeth into the ear of his sister's ex-boyfriend when a family feud erupted in an Asda car park.

Gnawing bandit Anthony Douglas learned that Ryan Arnold was at the Asda in Huyton Village, Liverpool, after he had broken up with his sister, Marie Douglas.

Liverpool Echo reporting at Liverpool Crown Court heard yesterday how 30-year-old Douglas got in a car with his dad and went looking for Mr Arnold.

CCTV cameras captured what followed, as he bit Mr Arnold in the exact place the victim had previously suffered another bite ten years earlier.

David Watson, prosecuting, said Mr Arnold and Miss Douglas had a five-year-old child together. They split in February 2020 for around six to eight months.

Mr Watson said Mr Arnold had started a new relationship with a woman called Fay Murray, with whom he had fathered twins.

He said Mr Arnold and Miss Murray arrived at the Asda store at around 9.30pm, when Miss Murray went in the shop and Mr Arnold remained in his Ford Galaxy.

Douglas then turned up at the store with his father at around 9.50pm.

He was seen running into the supermarket and saying "where is he?" before he approached Mr Arnold and shouted: "Alright Ryan."

Mr Watson said the victim was concerned his car would be damaged so got out, with the engine still running, but Douglas "jumped into the driver's seat" and drove the Ford around the car park.

He said: "Ryan Arnold's next recollection is the defendant and James Snow [Arnold's father] standing directly in front of him, calling him a 'grass' and a 'rat'.

"The defendant, who can be seen to be in a highly animated, agitated state throughout on the CCTV footage, is seen to lean into Ryan Arnold, who describes himself being bitten to the left ear."

Miss Murray rang the police and Mr Arnold described himself as being "frightened and confused" and "in a lot of pain and distress".

He went to Whiston Hospital, where he was treated for two 1cm bite marks to either side of his left ear, which required stitches.

Mr Watson said the victim needed a tetanus booster and three months later still had pain in his ear, already disfigured by the previous bite.

Douglas was arrested at home on February 24 and denied the attack, but ahead of a trial in September admitted wounding.

Mr Watson said Mr Arnold was now back in a relationship with Miss Douglas.

Judge Woodhall said Douglas was unfit to work, his partner was his full time carer and accepted he had difficulties in childhood.

He agreed Douglas had "a realistic prospect of rehabilitation" and handed him 45 weeks – around 10 months – in prison, suspended for 12 months.

The judge imposed a six-month home curfew, between 8pm and 6am daily, a 20-day Rehabilitation Activity Requirement and £900 court costs.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

  • Asda
  • Family
  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article