Spring breakers have refused to let a terrifying shooting which killed a man, put an end to their partying.
Chaos descended on a boozy night in South Beach in Miami, Florida, US, gunman opened fire on two men who were rushed to hospital where one of them remains alive in a critical condition.
Witness accounts on Twitter described the incident as "very scary" and sparked a "swarm" of people making a panicked dash for safety on Friday.
READ MORE: Spring Breakers told 'stop partying' as they risk being slaughtered by warring cartels
Miami Beach Police Department confirmed a man had been arrested in relation to the incident and four guns were recovered.
In previous years policy in Spring Break hotspots during the manic period, has been to impose a curfew to prevent parties getting out of hand, but the authorities believe there is no need for one following the "isolated incident"
Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber said: “Given that this seems to have been an isolated incident occurring before midnight, and the crowds have been otherwise calm, it would be hard to justify and legally defend an organized curfew.”
Boy 'murdered' as 'out of hand' house party with 50 guests turns to tragedy
The defiant attitude of revellers in the face of of shooting was exemplified no better than a bloke on Twitter who said he got another round of drinks in after the first shooting, only to have to duck moments later for the second.
Ronny, 22, from Pittsburgh who returned to the crime scene for another night of partying, told the Miami Herald: “No one is trying to be dodging bullets on vacation.
“I’m always having fun regardless, but y’all have to chill with that shooting stuff.”
For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters
Ronny compared the incident to a Tony Montana et al in the 1983 movie set in the Miami, claiming some people were “down here trying to recreate ‘Scarface.’”
Just hours after the shooting more than 100 students on Spring Break returned to the beach on Saturday for yet more wild drinking games and dancing.
Peter Sint, a 23-year-old from Miami-Dade told the newspaper: “I haven’t come to South Beach in a while, we’re going to play it by ear and see how drunk [the crowd gets].”
- Spring Break reveller's boob pops out of bikini as she fights student in beach 'drill'
- 'Holiday from hell' as boozy island Spring Break left revellers desperate to escape
- Spring Break horror as four dismembered bodies discovered at popular resort
- Student on Mexico Spring Break found unconscious with brain bleed after breakfast
Source: Read Full Article