Britain’s most violent lag Charles Bronson wins right to public parole hearing

Britain's most dangerous prisoner Charles Bronson could soon be released back into public life, according to the Parole Board of England and Wales.

Bronson, who changed his surname to Salvador in 2014, is set to have a parole hearing next year – just 23 years after starting his discretionary life sentence at HMP Woodhill in Milton Keynes.

Bronson has had his sentence increased several times for assaults on inmates and prison guards, following his initial 1974 conviction for armed robbery.

READ MORE: Bloke shove a gun up a chicken's bum in hapless attempt to sneak it onto plane

And now, he could be set to roam free in public shortly after he turns 70 in December.

Having already had seven parole reviews denied, his next one could be done in public and shown on British television in a landmark event, after it was ruled that certain court cases could be done publicly earlier this year.

Parole Board chairwoman Caroline Corby ruling: “I have concluded that a public hearing is in the interests of justice in the case of Mr Salvador.

“I therefore grant the application for the hearing to be held in public.

“The Panel Chair could decide to move from a public hearing to a private hearing, should the hearing be disrupted or should there be any attempt to disclose information which is properly confidential.”

Earlier this year, he admitted to wanting to live as a free man in Devon.

  • Mum filmed performing sex act in Liverpool street considered suicide after backlash

He also revealed how his hearing next year was actually due to happen earlier this year – but it kept getting delayed by officials

Speaking from prison, he said: “Every time my jam roll [parole] comes up for the last 30 odd years they start playing games and this is the biggest, cruellest, nastiest game they have ever played – ever.

“I was expecting my jam roll [parole] to be in July or August. It’s now two and a half years late.

  • Woman sparks fury after dragging dog along path on her mobility scooter

“They have now said it's been put back again to December 12 so by the time I go up, if I go up, as it's possible they could put it back again, that will have been three years of my life I may not have had to serve.”

If he is released, it wouldn't be the first time as he was briefly released in the 80s but was caught plotting another raid and was quickly jailed again.

To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

READ MORE:

  • For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage
  • Horror train crash saw eight coaches derail, 7 people dead as chef parked car on crossing

  • Man wins World Nettle Eating competition after losing out in Pig Squealing World Cup

  • Scousers spend most money on drink as new chart lays bare Britain's drinking habits

  • Builder who won £8m on lottery looking for wife after getting bored of sports cars

  • Ex-nurse OnlyFans star 'barred' from Louvre Museum after wearing just a bra

Source: Read Full Article