Boy murdered after social workers became distracted by mums throuple

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    Logan Mwangi was killed after social workers became distracted by his mum's three-way relationship instead of focusing on his wellbeing, according to a safeguarding report.

    The report released on Thursday (Nov 24) found Logan was killed "behind closed doors" after his body was found in the Ogmore River near his home in Bridgend, south Wales, after being dumped like "fly-tipped rubbish" there.

    It was found the five-year-old had suffered 56 horrifying injuries typically seen in victims of a "high velocity" car crash or a dramatic fall.

    READ MORE: Zoo tragedy as wild fox massacres four beloved kangaroos at their new home

    Logan's mum Angharad Williamson, 30, stepdad John Cole, 40, and 14-year-old Craig Mulligan – whose mum was in a polyamorous relationship with Cole and Williamson – were all jailed in July of last year for murdering the youngster.

    The sick trio reportedly "hatched an elaborate plan" to cover up his death and CCTV footage taken after the boy's death shows Cole and Mulligan carrying Logan's remains to the river in the early hours of the morning.

    Thursday's report suggests that there were missed opportunities to save the tot after child protective services fixated on Williamson's polyamorous relationship with Cole and Mulligan's mum rather than on Logan himself.

    • Crazed man 'shot his lover after she caught him watching TV with a stripper'

    The three had reportedly named the three-way relationship "Banshee" and had all been living under the same roof in the months prior to Logan's death.

    The review stated: "The complexities of the adult relationships involved in the care of Child T [Logan] overshadowed professionals’ line of sight to him.

    "There was no knowledge of the reality of his lived experience."

    Despite social workers not recognising the danger Logan was in, however, witnesses reported that Cole, Logan's stepdad, had subjected the tot to shocking abuse from when he was just three years old.

    Some of the torture methods inflicted on the child included forcing him to do press-ups until he was in tears or collapsed, at which point Cole would restart the timer and make little Logan start again.

    He also forced Logan to stand for prolonged periods of time, called him "Coco Pop", and "dehumanised" the child because he was mixed-race.

    Despite this, the report claimed social workers failed to take Logan's heritage into account when considering whether this would make him a target for Cole.

    Logan's mum, Williamson, was similarly involved in the cruelty, having used a hot spoon to hurt the back of the boy's neck on one occasion – just 13 days before he was taken off the child protection list.

    The report added that officials didn't put a proper plan in place to safeguard the boy's wellbeing.

    On one occasion Logan suffered a broken elbow and dislocated collar bone, caused by Mulligan pushing him down the stairs at the family's home.

    It was reported that Williamson then attempted to "fix" the injuries and didn't take the youngster to hospital.

    When Logan was finally admitted it was also found he suffered "wider bruising and injuries" including carpet burns, a bruise above his genitalia, and marks on his face.

    Thirty-one pictures were taken of the youngster's injuries – however a report at the time said there was "no evidence" the images were shared with agencies outside of the Health Board following Logan's ordeal.

    To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.

    Williamson said the boy would bang his head and pinch himself, causing the injuries.

    She also claimed that marks found on his ears were the result of the boy wearing a Covid face covering.

    Following Logan's stint in hospital, he was returned to the care of his mother.

    The report said of the incident: "Injuries observed on Child T were not shared with services that could have taken appropriate action to safeguard him.

    "Several of the injuries, even in isolation, should have triggered a referral.

    "If the injuries were considered by Health Professionals to be non-accidental there should have been clear considerations to the number of injuries and site on the body, parental supervision being afforded to Child T and if wider agencies’ support was required.

    "This again should have triggered a child protection referral."


    • Fiery Thanksgiving plane crash kills grandparents moments before they meet grandkids

    • Turn your house into Fort Knox with huge Black Friday deals on smart home gadgets

    • DPD courier 'found dead at wheel' after 'working 14 hour shifts' before Black Friday

    • One child dead and another rushed to hospital after bacterial infection hits school

    • Courts
    • Crime
    • Murder
    • Family

    Source: Read Full Article