Bournemouth beach crowded as UK heatwave continues
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Beach holidays are set to return in the summer months, and the great news is Britons don’t necessarily have to jet off overseas to enjoy some of the “best beaches” in the world. A new ranking from Tripdvisor has revealed Dorset is home to one of the top coastlines in Europe.
As part of its annual Traveller’s Choice Best of the Best Awards for Beaches, travellers named their favourite seaside hotspots across the globe.
From sweeping white sand and turquoise waters in tropical climates to dramatic cliffs and pounding surf in some of the most secluded spots on Earth, the awards are based on the quality and quantity of reviews and ratings from Tripadvisor travellers for beaches, gathered over a 12-month period.
For the 2021 ranking, Best of the Best Beaches also takes into account the volume of “saves” for beaches on Tripadvisor, reflecting the wanderlust built up during lockdown.
Bournemouth beach took the fifth spot in the European ranking of “best beaches”.
Bournemouth is home to a number of vast sandy stretches and is a popular staycation hotspot in the UK.
The beach promises stunning views across the bay, with the Isle of Wight to one side and the Purbeck Hills to the other.
It is also home to the famous Bournemouth Pier, as well as a variety of entertainment and retail attractions.
However, it wasn’t the only UK beach to achieve a place on the list.
Holidays: FCDO update for Spain, France, Italy, Greece & Portugal [UPDATE]
Google Maps Street View: Man caught during embarrassing act [VIRAL]
Holidays: Boris Johnson gives update on foreign holidays [COMMENT]
Cornwall is home to two of Europe’s best, with Porthminster Beach and Perranporth Beach coming in tenth and 16th place respectively. While Scarborough’s Filey Beach ranks 18th.
When it came to the “best beach” in the world, though, the prestigious accolade went to Australia’s Whitehaven Beach.
This remote paradise is located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef and is only accessible by boat, seaplane or helicopter.
Among its most notable attributes, travellers highlighted its turquoise waters and white-sand beaches.
In second place is Santa Maria Beach located on the island of Cayo Santa Maria in Cuba.
When it comes to Europe, the number one spot was claimed by Spiaggia dei Conigli on the island of Lampedusa in Italy, followed by Playa de Cofete on the Spanish island of Fuerteventura.
“Your last trip to the beach probably feels like a lifetime ago, but with vaccine programs rolling out worldwide, safely making that beach getaway a reality just might be in reach.
“In fact, a recent Tripadvisor survey revealed that 60 percent of travellers are very likely to take a beach trip in 2021,” said Christine Maguire, vice president and general manager, global media business at Tripadvisor.
“Whether your preferred kind of beach is preened and pristine or rugged and rough, this list of travellers’ favourites is just the inspiration you need to get planning your next beach break.”
Top 10 Beaches in the World
- Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Island, Australia
- Santa Maria Beach – Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
- Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Grace Bay Beach – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Saint Pete Beach – Florida, United States
- Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, Australia
- Eagle Beach – Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Spiaggia dei Conigli – Lampedusa, Italy
- Ka’anapali Beach – Hawaii, United States
- Baía dos Golfinhos – Praia da Pipa, Brazil
Top 10 Beaches in Europe
- Spiaggia dei Conigli – Lampedusa, Italy
- Playa de Cofete – Fuerteventura, Spain
- Praia da Falésia – Olhos de Agua, Portugal
- La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
- Bournemouth Beach – Bournemouth, United Kingdom
- Balos Lagoon – Kissamos, Crete, Greece
- Elafonissi Beach – Elafonissi, Crete, Greece
- Plage de Santa Giulia – Santa Giulia, Corsica, France
- Kleftiko Beach – Milos, Greece
- Porthminster Beach – St Ives, United Kingdom
Source: Read Full Article