The Tucson’s interiors feel more premium than the C5 Aircross and the Tiguan.
BHPian neel911 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Just came back from Dealer Launch event of Tucson. I was there at about 1pm and they had Amazon Gray in showroom display as part of launch and Starry Night for test drive. We had the normal lamp/diya lighting and cake cutting ceremony. The test drive vehicle was top end HTRAC model and I was able to take a decent test drive. Along with me there were 3-4 other potential customers. I have booked the AWD/4WD variant.
Inputs from my side:
- The car looks premium and pictures do not do justice
- The fit and finish is top notch like a typical European car
- Looks are purely subjective. However I felt this new generation looked more premium
- We should not club this car along with other cars Hyundai offers in India
- The doors seemed on heavier side
- Lots and lots of space.
- Feels much premium inside compared to Tiguan or C5 (can be subjective)
- My wife and I found Starry Night better than Amazon Gray.
- Diesel engine is just superb. It is so smooth and powerful
- Cabin isolation seems better than outgoing version and I could not feel I was driving a Diesel engine. It was very quiet inside (C5 has slightly better isolation)
- I did go over few bad patches and the car was absorbing it pretty well
- The camera resolution is extremely good
- Very easy to manoeuver
- It is a looker. Heads were turning when I was passing by
Now does it justify huge premium? For me, its a big No. The top end variant (4WD) is going to be around 44L OTR Bangalore .
I was talking to sales guys and the demand is much more than supply. Someone was mentioning 1000 kits is what they have now, but I expect good amount of cancellations.
Official Pricing (Bangalore) :
Few pictures below (I’ve tried to limit to exterior):
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article